Extension and Outreach
The Institution plans and organizes its extension and outreach programmes primarily through the NSS and NCC units and the Extension Service cell of the college. The Extension Service Cell conducts regular meetings to plan its activities for the academic year. There are some activities which are conducted every year such as
- Summer School for High School Students
- NSS camps
- Blood Donation Camps
- Demonstration of experiments by teachers and students in the Science Laboratories to high school students
- Programmes conducted for women empowerment in rural areas
- Awareness programme on clean and green environment
- AIDS awareness programmes.
- Awareness about the facilities available from the Revenue Dept for the farmers and socially disadvantaged classes.
- Awareness about the insurance cover provided by the government is created among farmers and socially disadvantaged classes.
- Special training programme for the parents of SC/ST students on the facilities available to them from the State Government.
Details of awards received by the institution for extension activities and/contributions to the social/community development during the last four years.
- In recognition of Bharathi Bhat’s efforts towards the betterment of people with visual challenges, the Indian Association for the Blind gave her “IAB Blind Empowerment Champion Award” on 31st January 2015.
- Ms. Bharathi Bhat was felicitated by the Zilla Panchayat Primary School in Kudrebettu, Kalladka, Bantwal for her continuous efforts in boosting attendance rates in the school through her yearly donations.